Gustavus vs. Saint Mary’s
Date:?Friday, Economy is shown. 26
Location:?St. Peter, Minn. |?Don Roberts Ice Rink
Gustavus at Saint Mary’s
Date:?Friday, Jan. 27
Location:?Winona, Minn. | Saint Mary’s Ice cubes Arena
ST. PETER, Minn. C?The Gustavus it will be possible hockey team is set to get a Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference string against this weekend versus St . Mary’s University. The Gusties host Cardinals on Exclusive prior to heading to Winona, Minn. Saturday evening.
Last Time Out
The Gusties split a series without the need of. 14-ranked Augsburg University last weekend, earning a good 4-1 win on Friday during Don Roberts Ice Rink, which was standing as the first Gustie win over a ranked opponent since Gustavus procured down top-ranked St. Norbert College next year. Augsburg salvaged a series split that has a 3-2 victory in Minneapolis, Minn. in Saturday.
Friday’s game will tag the 125th all-time meeting between the Gustavus along with Saint Mary’s men’s the rocks hockey programs, with the Gusties holding an 78-39-7 advantage in the string. The Black and Gold hold a 6-4 advantage over the last 10 meetings, while the Cardinals lightly fluffed Gustavus last season for the first time for the reason that 1994-95 season.?
Scouting Saint Mary’s
The Cardinals wrapped up his or her 2017-18 non-conference schedule last Friday, rating a season-high seven goals using 7-4 victory at the University for Wisconsin-Stout. During the previous weekend, E Mary’s split a conference series utilizing Concordia College in Moorhead, Minn., suffering some sort of 5-4 overtime setback prior to outstanding 5-3. Senior forward Jay Heinle leads the Cardinals with 14 things off of five goals as well as nine assists. Senior goaltender Aaron Davis has spent the majority of min’s in net, starting in 12 of 17 games which has a 3.61 goals in opposition to average and an .872 save percentage.
The netminding duo of?Chris Amsden ?and?Robbie Goor ?have continued to be a steady between your pipes, each sharing level of goal. Goor and Amsden rank third and fourth in the MIAC with a 2.Twelve and 2.15 goals in opposition to average, respectively.
Power Play Presence
Gustavus is the owner of the second best power participate in unit in the conference witha Thirty.3 conversion rate, planning 13-for-64. The Gusties are 7-1-2 when getting a goal on the man benefits, and are 1-7-1 when coming up unfilled.
- First-year forward?Caleb Anderson ?leads the MIAC in freshman score and is tied for the team-lead using 12 points .
- Anderson leads this MIAC with two shorthanded goals. This Gusties scored one shorthanded goal each of last season.
- Colin Hernon is riding a new four-game point streak with 6-8 points and is the team’s foremost scorer with 15 points in Eighteen games.
- After two consecutive set sweeps over Hamline and Bethel, the Gusties overtook their win total from the 2016-17 season.
- 17 different Gusties have found its way into the goal-scoring column this coming year.
- The Gusties have outscored their opponents 28-17 inside the second period.
- Gustavus received 1 vote in the latest USCHO.world wide web national poll.