Gustavus vs. Augsburg
Date:?Friday, Jan. 19
Location:?St. Chris, Minn. |?Don Roberts Ice Rink
Gustavus at Augsburg
Date:?Saturday, Jan. 20
Location:?Minneapolis, Minn. | Ed Saugestad Rink
ST. Bob, Minn. C?The Gustavus men’s hockey team works on for a series against the Zero. 14-ranked Augsburg University this weekend. The Gusties hosts your Auggies on Friday prior to heading to Oregon, Minn. Saturday evening.
Last Time Out
The Gusties divided a series with the University regarding St. Thomas last weekend, gaining a 5-2 win on Feb 5th in Mendota Heights, Minn., the first Gustavus wow the Tommies since St. Jones salvaged a series split which has a 4-1 win at Don Roberts Skating rink on Saturday.
Friday’s game will certainly mark the 129th all-time meeting amongst the Gustavus and Augsburg men’s ice baseball programs, with the Gusties holding a strong 73-49-6 advantage in the series. Each teams are 5-5 in the previous 13 meetings, with Augsburg riding a three-game winning streak.?
In the 2017-18 period opener at the MIAC showcase within Blaine, Minn., the Auggies downed Gustavus with a 3-2 overtime triumph. The Gusties saw their 2-1 guide crumble as Augsburg scored at the start of the third period and with just a few seconds remaining in the overtime time period.
The No. 14-ranked Auggies are the top-scoring team inside MIAC and rank within the top-20 in the nation, averaging 3.7 ambitions per game. The Auggies, with a four-game winning streak, swept Hamline College Jan. 5-6 prior to defeating Absolutely no. 3 Wisconsin-Stevens Point 2-1 and UW-Stout 6-2 a week ago.
Senior captain Nate Flynn leads Augsburg with Thirty points, tied for the cause in the MIAC with 12 aims. In addition, Chandler Madry is tied up for the lead in the office meeting with 14 assists. Jr goaltender Nick Schmit has started in every but one game this season and has now registered a 2.19 goals against average and a .920 save percentage.
The netminding duo of?Chelsea Amsden ?and?Robbie Goor ?have continued to be a gentle presence, each sharing amount of time in goal. Goor ranks second within the MIAC with a 1.96 desired goals against average and fifth with a .921 save percentage. Amsden ranks fourth with a .922 save portion and sixth with a Only two.27 goals against ordinary.
- First-year forward Caleb Anderson leads the MIAC in beginner scoring and is tied for any team-lead with 12 points .
- Anderson is tied for the lead within Division III with a couple of shorthanded goals. The Gusties scored a single shorthanded goal all of last months.
- Anderson is tied for the cause in the conference with 2 game-winning goals and ranks throughout the top-five with six power perform points .
- Evan Erickson leads the Gusties with 5 goals .
- The Gusties’ top line of Anderson, Erickson, as well as Colin Hernon accounted for half of the team’s scoring in the St. Johnson series, each recording 3 points through two video game titles.
- After two consecutive series sweeps above Hamline and Bethel, the Gusties surpassed their very own win total from the 2016-17 time of year.
- 17 different Gusties have found their distance to the goal-scoring column through 19 games this season.
- The Gusties have outscored their own opponents 25-14 in the second period.