Gustavus at UW-Eau Claire
Date:?Friday, Jan. 5
Location:?Eau Claire, Wis. |?Hobbs Snow Center
Gustavus at UW-River Falls
Date:?Thursday, Jan. 6
Location:?River Falls, Wis. |?Hunt Arena
ST. PETER, Minn. C?The Gustavus mens hockey team is set to help kick off the new year with its closing non-conference games of the season, taking on a couple Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference competitors in the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire plus the University of Wisconsin-River Falls.
Friday’s online game will mark 17th all-time getting together with between the Gustavus and UW-Eau Claire men’s ice hockey programs, with the Blugolds retaining an 8-7-1 advantage in the collection. Head Coach Matt Loen is certainly unbeaten against the Gusties in the 10th months at the helm with a 3-0-1 record. Continue season, the two teams skated with a 2-2 draw at Don Roberts Skating rink.?
Saturday’s game will indicate the 42nd all-time meeting between the Gustavus and UW-River Falls men’s ice tennis programs, with the Falcons holding a 21-17-3 series advantage. The Gusties happen to be 2-2-1 during the last five meetings in opposition to UWRF, including a 4-1 loss last season.
Last Time Out
The Gusties wrapped up thecalendar year by using back-to-back 3-3 draws at Aurora University November. 29-30. On Friday, Gustavus came back from the two-goal deficit to tie the game. On Saturday, the Gusties under no circumstances trailed in the contest, but a strong Aurora goal midway through the next period proved to be the equalizer and neither team was able to find the back of online the rest of the way.
Scouting UW-Eau Claire
The Blugolds average Three or more.5 goals per sport and have an 8-6 overall track record, despite being swept most recently against Northland College. A group of three of senior forwards steer the Blugold offense. Jake Hopfner, Macintosh Jansen, and Jesse Tredinnick has Thirteen, 12, and 12 details each, respectively. Hopfner leads the particular WIAC with four power play goals, while Jansen ranks second with nine goals. First-year goalie Camden Haugenoe has played the most throughout net, starting in 10 online games and owning a 2.46 goals against average along with an .882 save percentage.
Scouting UW-River Falls
The Falcons closed outside thecalendar year with three non-conference game titles, splitting with Lawrence University as well as losing to the College for St. Scholastica, dropping their history to 4-9- 1 overall. Junior forward Eddie Matsushima leads the team by using 12 points , while a couple forwards also pace a offense, ranking as the top-two scoring freshman in the WIAC in Cayden Cahill and Peter Karavos . Sophomore goaltender Zach Quinn has started in 14 of 14 games to get UWRF and has registered an .899 spend less percentage and a 3.14 goals against average.
- First-year forward?Caleb Anderson ?leads your MIAC in freshman scoring and it’s tied for the team-lead with eight points .
- Anderson is tied for any lead in Division III with two shorthanded goals. The actual Gusties scored one shorthanded goal all last season.
- Anderson is hooked for the lead in the achieving with two game-winning goals.
- Evan Erickson ?leads your Gusties with five goals .
- After not one but two consecutive series sweeps over Hamline in addition to Bethel, the Gusties surpassed their acquire total from the 2016-17 season.
- The before Gustavus strung together two-straight series sweeps was during the 2013-14 season, while the back-to-back shutouts is the first time since 2008.
- 17 distinctive Gusties have found their way into the goal-scoring column through the first 14 games this season.
- The Gusties have outscored their opponents 22-10 in the second timeframe.
- Chris Amsden ranks among the top-five goaltenders in the MIAC, being the owner of the fifth best goals next to average and fourth best save you percentage .
- Van Sullivan scored back-to-back goals Friday and Saturday in the Aurora series Dec. 29-30, both on the power engage in.
- Mason Etter scored his first collegiate target in game two of the Aurora string.