Gustavus at Aurora
Date:?Friday, Dec. Up to 30 | Saturday, Dec. 30
Time:?6:00 p.m. | 3:00 p.m.
Location:?Geneva, Ill. |?He Valley Ice Arena
Live Coverage:?Figures | Video
ST. PETER, Minn. C The Gustavus men’s tennis team returns to actions this weekend, set for a non-conference series at Aurora University.?The Gusties will opens the first ever game up against the Spartans at 6 p.m. with Friday.
Friday’s game will symbol the first ever meeting regarding the Gustavus and Aurora men’s ice soccer programs. Aurora University, set in Aurora, Ill., west of Chicago, plays in the Northern Collegiate Basketball Association.?
Last Time Out
After two step by step conference sweeps, the Gusties had their own winning streak end in your non-conference game at the College associated with St. Scholastica Dec. 8, dropping 3-0. Gustavus surrendered three power execute goals, being shut out initially in 2017-18.
The Spartans lost 2-1 against the Virtually no. 15-ranked Milwaukee School of Anatomist on Dec. 2, in which followed the team’s initial conference win of the season, any 4-3 victory over Concordia University Iowa. Aurora is 2-2 during its latter weekend series and averages 1.91 goals every game, while allowing Three.66 per game. First-year defender Nick Minerva and senior frontward Rihards Marenis lead the team with 6 points each , while six to eight Spartans are tied for the goal-scoring head with two goals. Goaltenders Dave Gwillim and Josh Boyko have shared amount of time in net, with Gwillim allowing A few.36 goals per game and Boyko averaging 3.83 against.
- First-year forward Caleb Anderson leads the MIAC during freshman scoring and is attached for the team-lead with nine things .
- Anderson is tied for the lead in Division III utilizing two shorthanded goals. The Gusties obtained one shorthanded goal all of past season.
- Anderson is tied for any lead in the conference having two game-winning goals.
- Evan Erickson leads the Gusties together with five goals .
- After two sequential series sweeps over Hamline and Bethel, your Gusties surpassed their win full from the 2016-17 season.
- The last time Gustavus installed together two-straight series sweeps was throughout the 2013-14 season, while the back-to-back shutouts is the very first time that since 2008.
- 16 different Gusties find their way into the goal-scoring stream through the first 11 video game titles this season.
- The Gusties have outscored their adversaries 17-5 in the second period.
- Chris Amsden ranks on the list of top-five goaltenders in the MIAC, owning the third very best goals against average and next best save percentage .