Seniors : Isaak Tjaden, Colin Hernon, Tim Donohue, JT Walters, Jake Bushey, Nick Sheak, Mike McCann
Gustavus vs. Saint John’s
Date:?Friday, Feb .. 16
Location:?. Peter, Minn. |?Don Roberts Ice Rink
Live Insurance coverage:?Stats?|?Video
Gustavus at Saint John’s
Date:?Sat, Feb. 17
Location:?St. Cloud, Minn. |?Natural herb Brooks National Hockey Center
ST. PETER, Minn. C?The Gustavus men’s hockey team is set for its final ordinary season series this weekend, dealing with No. 14-ranked Saint John’s Institution. Slotted at the No. Several spot in the Minnesota Intercollegiate Sports Conference standings, the Gusties face a tricky challenge against the current top-seeded Johnnies in seek of a victory to clinch some sort of playoff berth.
Last Time Out
The Gusties split the two-game home series versus Concordia last week, falling 4-2 Friday prior to bouncey back with a 5-1 victory Thursday afternoon. Top-scorer Colin Hernon scored twice on Saturday, while Jake Bushey collected three can help throughout two games.
As is actually tradition as Gustavus, the final your home game of the regular season is chosen as Senior Night as well as a special tribute is made to the people who have dedicated themselves so that you can Gustavus men’s hockey the past four years. This Friday, the Sporting events Department, Head Coach Brett Petersen, father and mother, and fans salute this seven student-athletes who have represented this men’s hockey program by using pride and class throughout their school careers. Student-athletes honored tonight with regard to their years of commitment include Paul Bushey, Tim Donohue , Colin Hernon, Jake McCann , Nick Sheak , Isaak Tjaden , together with JT Walters .
Friday’s game marks the 123rd all-time reaching between the Gustavus and Saint John’s men’s ice hockey applications, with the Gusties holding a 64-48-10 edge in the series.The Gusties missing and tied against the Johnnies while in last season’s series, with the SJU prevailing with a 3-1 victory all through game one in St. Fog up, Minn. prior to a 2-2 draw and Gustavus shootout earn in game two from Don Roberts Ice Rink.
Scouting Saint John’s
The Zero. 14-ranked Johnnies swept the University of St. Thomas last weekend the very first time since the 2004-05 season with a couple of 4-1 victories, moving into first place inside the conference standings. Sophomore goaltender Andrew Lindgren limited the Tommies to one target in each game and potential customers the MIAC with a 1.Fifth thererrrs 89 goals against average, any .931 save percentage, and a .700 winning percentage. For the performance, Lindgren was named MIAC Mens Hockey Athlete of the Week. SJU possess the top special teams system in the MIAC with a 25.Eight power play percentage plus an 85.4 penalty get rid of percentage. Sophomore Brady Heppner leads the wrongdoing with 24 points, standing second in the league by using 13 goals.
The netminding duo connected with?Chris Amsden and?Robbie Goor ?have always been a steady between the pipes, each individual sharing time in goal. Goor positions second in the conference which has a 1.97 goals next to average after limiting Concordia to a single goal last Saturday. Amsden rates high third with a .925 save percent- time as he posted his 6th game with at least 30 saves this season during recreation one versus Concordia.
- First-year forward?Caleb Anderson leads your MIAC in freshman scoring having 15 points .
- Anderson is attached for the lead in the MIAC by using two shorthanded goals. The Gusties obtained one shorthanded goal all of previous season.
- Colin Hernon recorded his finally career two-goal game in video game two versus Concordia and leads the team with 17 things .
- Evan Erickson is tied with Hernon for the team-lead using eight goals.
- After two successive series sweeps over Hamline and Bethel, the particular Gusties surpassed their win total from the 2016-17 season.
- 18 different Gusties are finding their way into the goal-scoring column this season.
- Gustavus has posted a new 8-3-2 record when scoring your power-play goal and is 1-8-1 when approaching empty on the man bonus.
- The Gusties are undefeated with scoring three or more goals at 6-0.
- Gustavus coordinated a season-high with five aims during game two of the Concordia set.
- 18 Gusties have found their way into the particular goal-scoring column this season, while 13 have tallied at least not one but two goals.