ST. PETER, Minn. C The Gustavus men’s team is set to host a Minnesota Intercollegiate Running Conference semifinal matchup Wednesday mid-day at Gustie Soccer Field.
The Not any. 2 seeded Gusties host the No. 3 or more seeded Macalester College at 2 p.m.
2017 MIAC Men’s Soccer Playoff Schedule
Quarterfinals C August. 31
#3 Macalester (10-5-2) def. Carleton (10-7-1) 1-0
#4 Hamline (11-5-1) def. #5 Saint John’s (7-7-2) 2-1
Semifinals C Late. 1
#4 Hamline at #1 St. Thomas (17-1), 14:30 a.m.
#3 Macalester for #2 Gustavus (13-5), 2 p.m.
Finals C December. 4
Semifinal winners at highest leftover seed, 1 p.l.
Last time out
Gustavus concluded the regular months last week with a 13-5 overall history and a 7-3 after two shutout victories over Hamline University and Macalester College or university. On Tuesday in St. Paul, Minn., the Gusties scored at the 99th minimal to claim their first extra time victory over the season that has a 1-0 win over the Pipers. On Thursday, the Black and Platinum took down the Scots by way of a score of 2-0 during senior day.
Wilson earns MIAC accolades
Senior midfielder Alex Wilson (Ashland, Wis.) earned MIAC it will be possible soccer co-athlete of the week honors following recording two game-winning goals last week, helping the Gusties receive a first rounded bye and the No. A couple of seed for the MIAC Playoffs. Wilson totalled the game-winner in Tuesday’s victory at Hamline to secure a home postseason matchup, along with a following game-winning goal versus Macalester on Friday. The goals stood seeing that his second and finally game-winners on the season.
Gusties in the MIAC Playoffs
The MIAC To locate Soccer Playoffs began during 2003 and since then Gustavus has created 12 appearances with a report of 11-6, including six tournament. After capturing the playoff headline during theseason, the Gusties missed the particular postseason inand fell in a quarterfinal matchup versus Augsburg last season.
- Going down by having an injury prior to the regular period finale, Arthur Parens (Jr., Wayzata, Minn.) finished his season as the team’s main scorer, ranking second in the discussion with 12 goals and three assists for 35 points.
- Parens and Matt Gibbons (Fy., Minneapolis, Minn.) ranked within the top-five in the MIAC together with 56 and 55 pictures, respectively.
- Goalkeeper Matt Bateman (Jr., Savage, Minn.) performing second place in the achieving with 66 saves. Bateman started each game in world-wide-web during the regular season, databasing a 13-5-0 record with some shutouts and a 0.97 plans against average (5th/MIAC) and a .795 preserve percentage.
- Gustavus scored the second nearly all goals in the conference with 37 on the season.
- The Gusties done out their regular season plan on a four-game winning streak, closing out each of its opposing team, outscoring them 10-0.
Macalester matchup information:
- Wednesday’s matchup marks the 63rd all-time meeting amongst the Gusties and the Scots, with Gustavus buying a 40-15-7 series advantage. The two organizations recently competed for the Not any. 2 MIAC Playoff seed in the frequent season finale last Weekend, with Gustavus prevailing with a 2-0 achievement.
- The Gusties are 2-0 in MIAC postseason appearances towards Macalester, with wins over the Scots in the 2003 and 04 playoff titles.
- In 13 MIAC Playoff appearances, a Scots own a 6-7 record by using one Playoff Championship in 2009.
- Macalester deducted the regular season with back-to-back losses for you to Saint John’s and Gustavus that slipped the Scots to the Zero. 3 seed for the seminar playoffs