ST. PETER, Minn. C The Gustavus men’s soccer team continues Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Office meeting play Saturday afternoon, web hosting Saint John’s University over the 50 season celebration.
The Gusties (9-5-0 over-all, 4-3-0 MIAC) face the Johnnies (5-5-2, 2-2-2 MIAC) at One p.m. at Gustie Baseball Field.
Immediately following the recreation, Gustavus men’s soccer alumni, family, and friends are requested to the Linneaus Arboretum Interpretive Center for the 50th season celebration and potluck.
Last time out
The Gusties most recently came up vacant at Saint Mary’s Institution Wednesday evening, falling 2-0 as their four-game winning streak came to an end.?When using the win, the Cardinals snapped the 31-game winless streak against Gustavus, as the very last Saint Mary’s victory over the Gusties out dated all the way back to 1985.
- Arthur Parens (Junior., Wayzata, Minn.) ranks as the second-leading goal-scorer in the MIAC, along with nine goals on the year.?
- Goalkeeper Matt Bateman (Jr., Savage, Minn.) leads any conference with 52 will save. Bateman has started all 14 video games in net and is the owner of a 1.25 goals versus average along with a .754 save portion.
- Matt Gibbons (Fy., Minneapolis, Minn.) is the leading scorer within the MIAC among newcomers, having signed up 11 points with 3 goals and five allows.
Saint John’s match up information:
- Saturday’s matchup marks the 65th all-time meeting between the Gusties and the Johnnies, with Gustavus holding some sort of 27-24-13 advantage. The last Gustie victory about Saint John’s came through theMIAC Playoff Championship, in which the Black and Gold prevailed with a 2-0 secure at Gustie Soccer Field.
- Saint John’ersus is currently riding a three-game winning streak and most recently defeated the University of Wisconsin-Superior 4-3 upon Wednesday, led by a hat-trick operation by the Johnnies’ leading scorer in senior citizen midfielder?Daniel Bruckbauer. Junior midfielder Zack Boerjan leads ranks following in the conference with 8 assists.
- Sophomore Payton Spencer ranks among the leading goalkeepers in the conference. Spencer potential customers the conference with an .865 help save percentage while ranking inside the top-five with a 1.11 targets against average and 1 out of 3 saves.
- 2017 Stats | Schedule