Gustavus at St. Scholastica
Date:?Friday, December. 8
Location:?Duluth, Minn. |?Mars Lakeview Arena
Live Coverage:?Stats | Video
ST. PETER, Minn. C The Gustavus men’s hockey team is determined to head north for a non-conference match Friday evening at the School of St. Scholastica.?Coming out back-to-back Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference sweeps, this Gusties will drop the puck against the Team at 7:00 delaware.m.
Friday’s game marks the 37th all-time meeting between Gustavus and E. Scholastica, with the Gusties holding a 19-16-1 advantages in the series. The two organizations met last season on Don Roberts Ice Rink, with the New orleans saints escaping with a 4-1 victory.?
Last Moment Out
The Gusties earned their second consecutive sweep, shutting out Bethel School in both games by a lot of 3-0 and 4-0 to establish sole possessing first place in the MIAC standings.
On Exclusive at Don Roberts Ice Rink, Caleb Anderson’s strength play goal in the initially period stood as the game-winner, while Chris Amsden recorded his first shutout of the year, the third of his occupation, making 27 saves.
On Sat up in Blaine, Minn., the Black and also Gold followed up Friday’s shutout performance with a 4-0 victory. Logan Norman scored his third and fourth goals of the season, his first two-goal game of his young work, while Amsden posted 29 will save you for his fourth profession shutout.
Scouting St. Scholastica
The Saints most recently broke a five-game losing streak using a 4-4 draw at Trine University continue Saturday, moving their track record to 3-5-1 overall. In search of a first win since December. 3, St. Scholastica averages A pair of.22 goals per recreation and currently sits throughout second place in the Northern Division of the Northern Collegiate Hockey Association. First-year forward Parker Mismash together with sophomore forward Kyle Star are tied for the Saint’s scoring contribute with one goal in addition to five assists each. Goaltenders?Chip Trenciansky, Forbes Pioszaj, and Zane Steeves have all shared amount of net. Each average for a .900 save percentage along with under a 3.00 ambitions against average.
- First-year forward Caleb Anderson leads a MIAC in freshman scoring and is tied for the team-lead with seven points .
- Anderson is tied with the lead in Division 3 with two shorthanded goals. A Gusties scored one shorthanded goal all of last season.
- Anderson is attached for the lead in the achieving with two game-winning goals.
- With four-straight victories, the Gusties have surpassed their very own win total from the 2016-17 year or so.
- After back-to-back shutouts, Chris Amsden owns a .939 help save percentage , and a 1.Eighty one goals against average .
- The before Gustavus strung together two-straight series sweeps was during the 2013-14 season, while the back-to-back shutouts could be the first time since 2008.
- 16 diverse Gusties have found their way into the particular goal-scoring column through the first 10 games this season.
- The Gusties have outscored the opponents 17-4 in the second time period.